View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 06:15 PM   #50
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
(And if you look, I think you'll find most BDSM fiction published these days is written by female authors for a female audience, and tends to be shelved in the Romance section. In the genre, consider the popularity of Jacqueline Carey's "Kushiel" series. Her protagonist is a masochist, and Carey has gotten complaints from female readers that she doesn't go far enough, and tends to have the action take place behind closed doors and not explicitly described. The series is popular enough that Tor has an editor specifically looking for more books like that.)
I couldn't finish Kushiel's Dart, and it wasn't really the BDSM stuff that was offputting so much as the fact that the entire universe conspired to beat up on poor Phèdre. My emotional reaction was much like when I read Lord Foul's Bane. I just couldn't like the main character.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote