View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 05:36 AM   #14
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Nothing spells the kiss of death for me than an incomplete, cliffhangered ending. The only series I haven't abandoned that has that tendency is the Liaden books by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller - and only because I tend to stockpile the books and read several in a row.
A cliffhanger done well is awesome. However, the story that was told in the book should still have an ending. The greatest cliffhangers end a book, but also open the door to a new episode of the story.

Episodics are not for me. I want to finish the book in my time. Which can be within a week, or within a month, depending on how much time I want to spend on reading. Sometimes, when I'm nearing the end of the book, I simply cannot put it away (one more chapter, and then I'll sleep...). With an episodic, you cannot do that.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote