View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 06:59 AM   #28
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Well, I think you are just lucky somehow that you got one of the early test Kindles, which for some reason have the test mode scripts enabled. I have tested with a U.S. WiFi K3, and the ~usbNetwork appears to produce absolutely no result, nor does the ~exec command. The Kindle accepts these commands and nothing happens. So, unless you know how to enable the test mode on the Kindle, your method of initiating a connect probably doesn't work for the regular case.

Maybe some important piece is missing from ecostin's instructions, but thus far I wonder if anyone can confirm a working ~exec command?
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote