View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 03:09 PM   #56
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
I think part of it is the "glom" (see we have our own language). When a genre romance reader reads one good book by an author, we are driven to buy her backlist. When we go to the UBS, we snatch those up. It could be two books, it could be five. I think that is, in part, why the romance genre comprises so much of the mass market purchasing industry.

I remember when I read my first Jo Goodman book and was just blown away by her lovely prose, I went to the local bookstore and bought the four books that were in stock and then the next time I was at the UBS, I bought the remainder of her backlist that I could find. So now I own almost every Jo Goodman book published (I think its over 12 books) and I've read 6 or 8 of them. Someday I'll read the other ones but who knows when.

I'll have to do a post on this on the blog to see how much I can amaze the rest of you! LOL.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote