View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
I think the limiting issue with my Kindle is more software than price.

If someone's existing book reading habit is primarily buying new books, I then recommend Kindle. Amazon is excellent for this mode. From browsing to buying to reading - they have made the process smooth and simple.

If someone's existing book reading habit is borrowing from the Public Library or friends and neighbors, or, buying used paperbacks then I don't recommend the Kindle at all.

For Public Library eBooks the Kindle is not very useful. It is possible, but most people are unwilling to go to this effort.

Now, if Amazon adds ePub and PDF with Adobe Digital Editions DRM support, then I would recommend Kindle to many more people I talk to.

Add to this the capability to checkout, download, and start reading Public Library eBooks on the Kindle directly and I would recommend to anyone interested AND I would be buying more Kindles for more family members.
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote