View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 01:25 PM   #390
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Poly LiIon batery charging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
There is a belief, which I've never seen confirmed, that with LiIon batteries, they won't fully charge until you've partially discharged and re-charged them two or three times.

Just passing on what I've heard, but I'm not entirely convinced it's true.
Dear wodin:

I heard when they first came out that they did need to deep cycle charging (run it down to nothing and then charge it back up). Then I heard that this was no longer needed.

The factory User Manual does state that you should do the deep cycle routine a few times when you first get the device.

My own experience with my "Ole Blue" EZ Reader Basic has been that I am a habitual charger! I charge it up whenever the gauge shows half full. I enjoy my machine and always want access to my music. On long plane trips though (like to Taiwan), I have been forced to let it drain out while using it. There was no repurcussion from my frequent "half-full" charging.

I cannot tell you what to do. I can only state my personal experience!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote