View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 03:44 AM   #13
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I have no idea what the partnership agreement is amongst the various players. I am assuming that everyone involved has learned valuable lessons regarding customer support and the cost of that part of doing business. It may be that Kobo provides training to Borders tech support and they are then on their own when it comes to getting information out to the stores. Who knows, there may already be a Kobo team on the ground in Australia already (though what they actually do there is another issue, one spelled out in the agreement they have with each other, no doubt).

I am pretty sure though that there is not a Chapters store in Canada that does not know about the 1.4 update, so something appears not not to be working well in Australia. Chapters-Indigo owns 58% of Kobo so the relationship between Kobo and chapters and Kobo and Borders AU is probably quite a bit different.

It must be a fine line to walk. I imagine that Borders really wants people in AU to buy e-books from them, rather than the "mother ship" so having Kobo itself keep a relatively low profile there may be viewed as a good thing.

PS: Good for Paul! I imagine he is a bit like Sameer

Last edited by taming; 10-14-2010 at 04:03 AM. Reason: 2 AM grammar errors
taming is offline   Reply With Quote