View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 07:10 AM   #34
vnzjunk
vnzjunk began at the beginning.

Device: Augen The Book
1. I have found that the power switch does indeed turn off the device, and returns directly to the page you were reading when the TB is turned back on. The problem is that it does so inconsistently - sometimes one press works, sometimes multiple presses are needed, sometimes you have to press and hold, and sometimes it just doesn't work! Fixing this simple thing would go a long way towards making the TB more usable.

I originally intended to return the TB to K-Mart, but I (wisely) decided to work with it for a few days, and I changed my mind. There's a lot to like about the TB and it can get better if Augen listens to its users.[/QUOTE
]

I have found with my Book that the press and hold for a couple of seconds seems to turn on/off the unit 100% of the time. Cumbersome but it does the trick. There appear to be several quirks with the Book which with a better written user manual mite be better understood. For example as noted, a joystick that works as enter in SOME cases. When? Most of us do not know because we were not told in the manual. Menue's where some options do not seem very intuitive and where some items seem buried causing one to have to go searching for them.

All in all a good budget reader with many functions in my estimation. Those that can afford the $189 class units will probably still go that route. For those where the extra savings of $100 is paramount I expect they will be more or less happy with the Book........quirks and all.

Enjoy!
vnzjunk is offline   Reply With Quote