Thread: Glo 2.4.0 bugs
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #91
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
JS Wolf's Charis SIL Modified works for me too, but using JS Wolf's original file names, e.g., CharisSILI.ttf. They only have a "English - United States" language in them. The font matching algorithm is a slippery customer!
Try renaming them as I mentioned. The Kobo is not happy with fonts that do not have a font file name matching their internal font name. I noticed quite a few odd issues until I followed the advice to use that file naming convention. Actually, you can use -I, -B and -Z (italic, bold, bold-italic) with no addition to the font file name for the regular font but I prefer the longer version as being easier for me to read.

There was a message about this a while back from a Kobo developer -- two secs -- https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=italic&page=4 giving the naming convention and why it existed.

Yes, it may not be standard but if it works, I'm not going to waste my time puking on the windward side.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 02-24-2013 at 03:44 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote