View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 05:55 AM   #10
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
You can set the refresh rate to every page if you wish but by default it is at 6 (the least frequent refresh). So you may have disqualified it for ghosting needlessly...
There must be some reason why their developers thought someone would want to see that for more than a page. I imagine it drastically changes the power consumption, especially if the default is 6 pages. I always got two full weeks of daily reading with my Sony, reading 2-4 hours a day. I wonder if the Kobo set to refresh on every page would give me the same?

In any even, although I did play around with contrast setting of the different readers, I couldn't make either of the Kobos look as clean as the Kindles or Sonys, so it really would be a mute point.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote