View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 05:30 PM   #5
DarkHaloPrincess
Oooooeeeeeeeee...
DarkHaloPrincess doesn't litterDarkHaloPrincess doesn't litterDarkHaloPrincess doesn't litter

Device: Sony Pocket Edition (Rose Pink) & Kindle 3 (Preordered)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
>

They don't really keep track of anything. It's just that your Amazon purchases are available for download to your Kindle from the Manage You Kindle page.

In theory they could do almost anything, in reality they won't do anything.
Thanks. I just have to trust Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlparker View Post
Hi DarkHaloPrincess,

My understanding is that they can not or do not look at the non-Amazon content on your Kindle. They did that thing a year or so that you mentioned when they deleted content from some Kindles. My understanding is that it was a matter of copyright--it turned out they didn't have the right to sell the content in the first place. I'll bet in hindsight they wished they'd handled it some other way! But in my opinion, the whole thing was a little overblown. They also reach into your Kindle to do software upgrades. I suppose that there are people who think that's a bad thing--but my guess is that most Kindle owners are happy as long as they have a trouble-free buying and reading experience. I'm glad to say that I'm in that category so far in the almost-two years that I've had mine.

In terms of "Big Brother", I personally think that we have a lot more to worry about from our telcos and ISPs than from Amazon!

So congratulations on your new Kindle! Hope you enjoy it and don't worry too much!
Thanks so much rlparker! This is really reassuring. I'm sooo excited! I've got my sony to tide me over until then. I'm already browsing books on Amazon!
DarkHaloPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote