Thread: Ayn Rand
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 01:56 PM   #21
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I wonder if Amazon can get sued for selling copyrighted material they didn't have the rights to sell. I know about DMCA and "safe harbor" laws... but I'm not sure they cover when it's your store that's doing the money exchange. AFAIK, Amazon doesn't claim to be a "provider of ebook selling services;" it tells customers that *it* has provided these ebooks.
I think safe harbor still applies if they take it down and refund purchases as soon as they are made aware of it, which they did in this case.

BOb