View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 02:59 PM   #92
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Once again.. since there is NO WAY to remove the DRM from an LRX (the encrypted file extension for a BBeB ebook).
Yes, I know that. My point was that the question posed was this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdibella View Post
For that matter, if I buy a bunch of books off the Sony store, and if at some point Amazon gets their heads out of their collective backsides and designs something really nice, how about a way to take my DRM'ed LRF books and convert them to MOBI?
And the answer is no. If one buys Topaz formatted books, there is no known way to read them on anything else but a Kindle, and if one buys DRM'd books from Sony, there's no way to read them on anything but a Sony PRS. Yes, one solution could be to avoid buying books directly in either of these formats, e.g. buying them in LIT instead, with the intent of stripping the DRM and converting so one could read them on either the Kindle or the Sony PRS (or some other system), but that wasn't the question mdibella was asking.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote