View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #67
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
(Apparently, at least one person here disagrees with you on what Swedish law actually says, and he's quote chapter and verse of the law, so I find your entire position rather unbelievable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Nope, you get the insurance money. If you purchased something in good faith, is it repossessed and returned to its original owner without any compensation to the person who bought it in good faith?

To be perfectly honest, I would imagine that the laws would be just the opposite. In Sweden it is very near impossible to own a handgun, so you can't defend your property. Hence, it would make sense to get stolen items returned, no questions asked. In the US you have much better access to weapons and you have, I believe, laws that lets you use them to defend yourself and your property. Hence, a thief takes a much bigger risk and if you do get something stolen and a third party acquires this in good faith your inability to defend your property would mean that you forfeited the right to repossess it.
That's complete horseshit, in every respect, so far as US law (there is no US law regarding stolen property, there are 50 seperate state laws, which are generally very similar, but not identical) is concerned. Laughably so.

That kind of "reasoning" leads to "She deserved to be raped because she didn't fight back enough." Barbaric.