View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #70
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
I tend to agree with you that content matters more then grammar, BUT this is exactly one of the cases where grammar matters A LOT. If there is one or 2 mistakes in a CV, I can ignore that, but if it really is bad it tells me something very important about the person.. they do not care enough about me, my company, or the job to present their best. *MY* CV's would look like that, but I use MS Word, my wife, and others to clean it up before sending it in to an employer.

As an employer I care more about the person's attitude about work then their skill set. Skills can be taught, work ethic not so much. If that CV was as bad as I think you are making it sound, I would have tossed it without spending any time on it.

Of course I hire people into potions were details matter. So that may prejudice my view.

OK... in this case, if you were the owner of the RV place and looking for a Top mechanic, found one with top references for all the skills needed and more, but didn't have the schooling or academic training to write a good CV, would YOU have turned him down?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote