View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 08:34 AM   #2
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by richman View Post
Since 505 has slide show feature in menu where you can set the pictures to be turned at set intervals, the program is in the 505 already, we would just have to figure out how to direct it to turn pages instead of pictures.
Are you serious, or are you just musing about the possibility?

If you're serious, to what practical end would you want to have automatic page turns? Have we gotten so lazy that we can't even push a button to turn a page?

I don't know about anyone else but I don't necessarily take the same exact amount of time to read one page as it takes me to read the following page. Sometimes I look up, speak to someone, or someone speaks to me. I may re-read a passage, or sneeze, or answer the phone . . . and while that's happening, the pages just keep on turning, turning, turning. So then I have to go back and find my place. If the automatic page turn is set slower, then I'm sitting there waiting for the page to turn when I finish the current page, or still turn it manually to move on.

I just can't see that as a feature I would have any use for. I would much rather have real folders and turn the pages the old fashioned way, with my finger.

But that's just me.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote