Thread: Future of M92
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 03:47 AM   #26
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialWar View Post
Sharper text and pictures...
It speaks for itsself that you refuse to respond to my actual question which was "Is there actually a reason why you think 150PPI does not suffice for the ereader's purpose? Are you having trouble reading the text?".

You just brainlessly want sharper, sharper, sharper for the sharper's sake. Which is of course your god-given right to want, but...

Quote:
If you don't see the benefit, then stay with the m92, no one is going to force you to upgrade. But for me, I would like a sharper screen and I am willing to paid for that feature.
...as you may have noticed, or may not have, Onyx doesn't produce readers specfically only for you. So if you make a proposal for a future product, you ought to remain considerate of what makes sense for the future product.

In my country, money doesn't happen to grow on trees. Perhaps you have a better climate for those or mummy and daddy don't miss a chance to spoil their child, I don't know.

However, since the majority of countries doesn't have those trees, most people (including me) prefer to not bloat a device with features beyond its purpose.

Quote:
150ppi screen on the m92 is blurry especially consider how close and personally the ereader is. For example just look an the boot up screen and see how blurry the picture is.
The M92 has never struck me as particularly blurry. Perhaps it's time you go see a ophthalmologist? Or is it that you have such incredibly good eyes that you notice every single pixel at a normal reading distance?

As far as I am concerned, the resolution is entirely sufficient as long as don't try to read 2mm large indices with a magnifying glass.

Quote:
There is 8 core phone with 1080p screen at 450ppi and plethora of cheap tablets on the market with beautiful and sharp screens with good processor.
Ah, lovely. I was just wondering how long it will take until you suggest "more cores!", "more memory!!", "more ports and connectors!!!"...

You know what? Perhaps you should get a $3000, 32-core, 700W desktop workstation with a HD-Screen...

I, however, would like to stick with a good battery-lifetime, a light device, and exactly those features which are required of a device which displays texts. And I would like to have upgrades which make sense for that purpose.

Last edited by ManDay; 04-21-2013 at 03:51 AM.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote