View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 09:44 PM   #33
insync44
insync44 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.insync44 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.insync44 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.insync44 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.insync44 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.insync44 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.insync44 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.insync44 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.insync44 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.insync44 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.insync44 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thumbs up

After a thorough experimentation, as outlined in the Kobo Vox thread, I came upon the BB Playbook at my local BestBuy.ca. It cost $199 plus a two year replacement warranty, from the Store for free. after reading about all RIM's problems and negative Reviews I was reluctant to purchase but with a 30 day return policy I decided to take the plunge.

Thus far (3 days) I've grown to like the unit. The EReading with the "BookReader app" is great for all my non drm epub books. The OS and Browser is fast. I don't really care about NetFlix or downloading music, since I have a large movie (500-600) collection and an equally large music collection. The Playbook plays avi, mp4 and mkv movies without muss and fuss.

As an e reader I can finally read in the dark. A fantastic buy for $199 well built and solid. I don't really care about apps since they are only really short cuts. But its very easy to side load the apps you need without rooting.

A far superior unit to the Kobe Vox, which I had for 3 hours. It refused to go beyond updating and was a cheap looking unit vastly underpowered. The Kindle and Nook are useless in Canada, but even then I would not purchase. They are too proprietary, at least to me. The i pad 2. at $420 did not appeal. the Sony PRS T1, is a good EReader but, at $150, that's all it does which can get a trifle boring.

I love a unit where I can just drag and drop files without jumping through hoops. can't really understand the negative Reviews. Thus far I am happy with my purchase.

Last edited by insync44; 03-31-2012 at 09:49 PM.
insync44 is offline   Reply With Quote