Thread: Book search
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 08:43 AM   #9
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Unless I'm misinformed, or just don't understand it properly (the latter is a likely candidate), that app has some hooks that allow other apps to access it. There are some specific scanning applications, especially shopping apps, that requires the installation of Barcode Scanner by zxing. Perhaps it is some of those that contain rouge code?
From the same site: http://code.google.com/p/zxing/wiki/ScanningViaIntent

I had a look at the sources, and it seems that they have an interface that enables other apps to use it to get the information from a scanned barcode. What these other apps do with that information is out of ZXings' control, but ZXing doesn't offer up any of your personal info.

I'm not a Jaca coder, but I'm pretty sure that people who are have had a look as well.

BTW, I didn't mean to bash you in any way in my previous post, it's very healthy to be sceptical when it comes to privacy
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote