View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 05:42 PM   #10
artificial
Groupie
artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial View Post
Found these instructions on the intertubes, not sure if they work at all, as I'm at work right now and can't test...
Well, I tested them, but wasn't able to get the page numbers to disappear. I'm not sure it would be desirable anyway, and I have a feeling overriding the auto-generated page markers would be like telling the Kobo Reader "there are no pages in this book", which would be worse than the way it is currently.

In the meantime, now that I understand the purpose and logic behind the numbering system, I think I can learn to live with it, maybe even appreciate it. I can see how might be handy to have a concept of how many "real" pages a book contains.

@dantaipan - Your css solutions sound interesting, I haven't yet tweaked margin settings in Calibre but I imagine that would make the job fairly fast.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote