View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 11:16 AM   #156
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Much appreciated!

2x mode for older iPhone apps on the iPad. I asked if they truly displayed crisply on a Retina Display iPad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Yes, it's absolutely true, Robinson. Unlike johnnyb, I haven't encountered a single iPhone app that doesn't display crystal-clear on my iPad 3. You know, I avoid trashy iPhone apps -- I mostly use top-quality apps, and those have all been upgraded for iPhone 4 (at least!) by now.

You won't regret it! I'd definitely go for iPad 4, however.
Say, thanks for the reply, details, and screen shot. Looks good. I have several old iPhone apps that have been upgraded--but they either changed the interface--e.g.,Washington Post--or moved to a different model (e.g., within Newsstand)--or added ads-- so, I've been using the older version at 2x on the original iPad.

Another wonderful app is Starmap Pro for iPhone, but it's extra $$ for the iPad, and I don't use it enough to justify the money there. Even the latest SMP for the iPhone (which I run on an iPhone 4 and looks great there) looks impossibly cartoonish on the original iPad.

I'll have to figure out a way to install one of them on an iPad at Best Buy or an Apple Store and see what 2x looks like. Don't know if a sales person will do that for me or not!

Last edited by robinson; 03-31-2013 at 11:18 AM.
robinson is offline   Reply With Quote