View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #35
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by opitzs View Post
@vugtitan:
I may only be a sock puppet, but a few pointers
1.) You say we have governments to decide for us, as we are not really able to make good decisions ourselves. Granted (to a point), but who appointed you my dictator? I live in a democracy, I can choose myself who will ruin me.
2.) There is only one way you can get what you want: make it yourself or present really good arguments, why your way of handling ebooks is so much better, than mine. I used your way, then I went to calibre and never looked back. What is it I missed? Why is your way so much better for a majority?

Right now you present yourself as a mix, part old man (We've always done it this way...) and small child (But I WANT my sweets!). This is not really a way to convince me, that your way is better than mine.

I grant you, that the present shelf system is not ideal, but it is workable. I'd prefer series information and tags over the hierarchical folder system, as it is much more flexible, if you are disciplined enough to use it. I could even use folders with (linux style) links to recreate a tags like system. I even sometimes dream of a semantic system, that, starting from a word or phrase, creates a book landscape where close related books (in connection to the topic) are close to each other and I am able to create connections between books (roads) that highlight for example common themes.
Should I demand, that Kobo implements that?

Think before you write.
opitzs
--- nogles sock puppet for 2 days, and still like new
Well said. New button eyes for you.

Now, will someone please bring a bandwagon that includes the Rolling Stones per-installed. This I DEMAND