View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 06:46 PM   #7
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Fair point on that. I just have little respect for that kind of stuff (have never liked Disney) or that Pride and Prejudice and Zombies stuff. If someone doesn't have the talent to create their own characters and stories, they're not deserving of my precious free time or money.

I don't see the "progress" there either. There's no progress by making money by remaking old stories, progress comes from creating entirely new stories etc. IMO.

But I'm ok with public domain allowing for that, as it's easy enough for me to avoid such crap.

But I won't budge on the term of copyright. Needs to be until death of the creator at the shortest, and ideally 10-15 years later so there's incentive to publish work late in life, or for families to publish their work posthumously etc.

People should get to enjoy the fruits of their labors for at least their lifetime if they're fortunate enough to create something that people want to read/watch/listen to over that long of a time span.

The creators not in it for money are free to give it away online and never seek to make money off it. Those who choose to produce it for sale, should have control of it at least until death.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote