Thread: DIY - KeK
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #102
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
After: RTFM

I can do without Perl - if I don't run the test programs against the new glibc.

But Aboriginal Linux binutils and gcc are too old to build glibc-2.16.0 ...
So first I need to build a new binutils-uclibc and a new gcc-uclibc before I can build a new glibc, against which I will build a new binutils-glibc and gcc-glibc.

Hmm...
Just so all of these (emulated) computer cycles don't go to complete waste:
a gcc-4.6-uClibc and a gcc-4.7-glibc (both with the most recent binutils release).

Will use the gcc-linaro project gcc sources, since those are specifically maintained for ARM. (and the binutils project current release, the linaro binutils is getting a bit old.)

I should have some miles on our gemu-1.1.1 build by the time I get done.
So far, only one (non-fatal) problem - the qemu scsi driver does not support one of the commands the kernel-v3.4.0 is issuing.

Note: The emulator is coming up with 256Mbyte of ram, without swap, same as a Kindle.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote