View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #24
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post

You say Kindle search is 'abysmal' but you don't say what you don't like about it and most of us seem to find it excellent, so again, that's a statement that's hard to offer any meaningful suggestion about.

I guess you missed this part of post 21, where Xen explained the search issues :

Quote:
... my issue with Kindle search is that it is impossible to differentiate what you are searching on. I cannot search on just the Author field, or just the title field, or just the contents, or on tags at all. If I search on, say, "Christie" it will not only find every book with that in the author field, but also every book with that in the title field and every page in every book with that in the contents. Such a list gets very lengthy very quickly, and takes forever to complete the search - generally in fact it locks up and has to be powered down, totally reset, and started over.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote