View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 02:03 AM   #16647
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
In my younger days I was an avid climber. This book became 'required reading' for all of us. But I never had the urge to climb Everest. I don't know why. Back then, it was a 2-week trek just to reach Base Camp, and I spent five days camped there, just looking at the approach to climb. (You can't see the summit from Base Camp.) These days you can fly in, and people go there as a sightseeing day trip. But the book sure hit home about the courage and determination of Everest climbers. It was real...

Stitchawl
Was it easier to relate to all the persons/names in the book as a climber? I couldn't really relate other than what was mentioned in the book.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote