View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #91
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by seawhite View Post
This will be a very cool project !
How do you plan to control the display on each Kindle? VNC via usb or wireless network?
Even with the 27 good ones (plus 3 with cosmetic defects in the screen surface, but with good eink beneath), and another 30 usable ones in the next batch, and the two I already had, I would still be short two K3 units. And I have to swap parts between them just to get 30 working units in the first batch.

And then, people here who held off bidding against me want some of them, decreasing my eink array even more. Perhaps I could do 7x7 or 7x7, but that just looks ugly in hexadecimal.

For those who wanted one of the K3s from my first batch of 40, we can discuss my costs in a PM (or you can calculate them from the ebay price plus shipping). I have not paid for the second batch of 40 yet, and they have not shipped. The vendor told me to wait until I tested the first batch. I still have K4 and K5 demos to test too...

I now have 12 K3s with broken screens. I may try to "remote control" them with a VNC server. There is an X11 VNC server we can download in a Dev Corner thread from seaniko7. I want a native mode VNC server though.

EDIT: Instead of VNC, I may just use synergy, but I would need the new mouse cursor support that was just added to the K5 by twobob. The goals are to make as much stuff as possible work on as many kindle eink models as possible. Twobob has been very busy. Give him some karma! (Of course, I like karma too!).

And by the way, we now have working USB OTG on the K4, so some USB devices can be used when plugged into the kindle. We still need a keyboard and mouse driver though. Other kindle models will be supported soon.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-03-2012 at 11:17 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote