View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 08:03 AM   #14
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
The writer who claimed she was being stolen from is a moron. Writing is a privilege.... The writer is even lucky to have job where she is paid to earn some of her living. Said writer should be lucky he or she is even in a library or a used bookshop considering the plethora of writers that get their books rejected by publishers every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
I've seen this argument directed at libraries as well. Matter of fact, I knew a girl on one forum who said she no longer mentioned to authors that she was in line for their books at the library, because one author jumped on her that since she didn't get any recompense for her books being read via library lending that the girl was "stealing" from her. I realize this is a minority view among authors, but it sure made a strong impression on both that girl, and I imagine everyone she told the story to. I found it very nice on the part of the girl that she refused to mention which author it was that said that to her, though. I imagine that some authors do feel conflicted about second hand bookstores - feeling that they're being "stolen from" since they don't get anything from the second (or third, or fourth) sale. But at the same time - not everyone is a book hoarder like me. Once a book comes into this house, it very seldom leaves. Even if it's something I probably won't read again. I am the bane of used bookstore owners everywhere, LOL.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote