View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #46
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Thanks, Jon. I'll do a v2 based on your new upload.
Please make it a v1.1 as I made the new one a v1.1. That way they stay the same and people don't think one is better then the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
I prefer to keep the vote as it is now. Voting for another book you want to read because your first choice is obviously out of the running is just as valid a reason as any other.
Let's say there are two books out in front. One at 7 and the other at 5. The rest are all 1 or 2. Now let's say there are 15 more people who are going to vote. Now these 15 people see that two books are in the lead and vote for one of those instead of what they wanted. There is still enough people to put a different book out in front of the two leading books. But because they've seen the count and felt that their vote for the book wanted would be a waste, a different book gets voted for and what could maybe have been the winner is not even in the running.

So what you are saying is that you prefer to let the first X number of people decide what we read. So they make 2 or 3 books the frontrunners and the rest just become losers by default. How is that any good? And no, it's not really a valid reason to vote against your first choice.

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-24-2011 at 06:09 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote