View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 03:24 AM   #28
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
<deleted many previous words>

I took a look at Charis SIL with the Greek alphabet and it is missing quite a few characters. I then tried DejaVu Serif and it looked fine. I've attached that font to this message. Give it a try and let me know if it works for you.

Regards,
David
The DejaVu Serif font works very well, it displays all the special characters in that book perfectly on both the epub and kepub. When I look at the file size of CharisSIL vs other fonts such as DejaVu Serif, I thought the triple file size meant it probably had almost every special character possible, but that doesn't seem to be the case. So I guess I didn't screw up something that time . It seems the kepub version substituted another font to fill in the missing characters, but it did a rather poor job of it.

Thanks for the font, I rather like it and will use it for awhile and see if it doesn't replace Georgia when I need those special characters.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 06-13-2013 at 03:27 AM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote