View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
The Amazon Kindle tablet predicted sales figures have been cut in half

Quote:
Even with sales estimates that creep closer to reality, Amazon’s Kindle tablet is poised to become the best-selling Android tablet to date when following its launch later this fall. In a note to investors, Barclays analyst Anthony DiClemente offered up what is seemingly a more realistic sales projection than prior estimates: 2 million units in 2011. An earlier report claimed Amazon is looking to sell 4 million Kindle tablets this year...
(more...)
No real explanation is given, I goggled around for an answer. So here is my reason.

The rumors have done a lot to answer peoples questions and concerns. I'm thinking that many folks who where excited about the amazon tablet are not as interested now that they know the Kindle will be closed and the Android OS will be forked. It's just another nook or eDevice with it's own OS.

There are however a good many folks that love the Amazon experience and will still buy into this tablet simply for that reason. Which is why this will be a great selling tablet. It just won't sell as many as it could have sold if it was a true android tablet.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote