View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 02:32 AM   #37
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
What you are saying is very true. There are more and more simple spelling errors or OCR errors while publishers continue to defend ebook prices near paper prices because they still have to spend so much on editing... Uh, huh. Apparently production and material costs for paper books are nearly free!

I don't have a problem with publishers making a profit, but the blowing of smoke up my non existent skirt annoys me.
I seem to remember that on the Baen booksite at one time Eric Flint was discussing why Baen charged what they did for an ebook compared to a hardcover or paperback and the statement was made that an ebook sold for $6 was more profitable than a hardcover sold for $30 -- and no government taxes on inventory. Hmmm... just how do you count inventory on ebooks?

One other SF publisher whom I'm not going to name sent me a reply when I asked why a hardcover they published had very noticeable errors to the effect that their authors did their own spell checking prior to electronically submitting the books. We all know just how good modern spellcheckers are but when the author typed "forget" instead of "forgive" 3 times in the same chapter, you might be forgiven for wondering if anyone really cares about their product.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 02-23-2013 at 02:45 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote