View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 09:52 AM   #1
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
jetBook Lite at newegg for $119 with free shipping

For those of you who don't want or need to buy books at fictionwise the jetBook Lite is now at $119 here
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16858723010

I got two of these at $117 in a shell shocker last week and am thrilled with my purchase (the second one is a gift for a book-loving sister-in-law).

I have been buying CD collections of ebooks by my favorite authors on eBay to "replace" my print collections; I guess these are legal or eBay would have shut them down? Some are public domain books but most are not. Just ordered Ngaio Marsh, Charlie Chan and Philo Vance collections from seller ptdreamer45, and previously obtained P.G. Wodehouse, Robert Heinlein and Agatha Christie collections from other sellers. These come in PDF formats and I read them on my laptop or run them through Calibre to whichever format I need at the time -- rtf for the jetBook as those look fine. Prices run $5 to $10 per CD and include between 10 and 60 books on one CD. Formatting is far from perfect, but satisfactory for my needs.

Anyway, this method gives me plenty of good stuff to read without spending a lot of money. I borrow new release pbooks from the library and will only purchase the ebook version if I want to keep and read again, as I find so many new books are disappointing. Do editors stop editing popular authors after a few bestsellers, I wonder?
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote