View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 01:59 AM   #6
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The three formats that are worth comparing are FB2, ePub and MOBI. They each use a different viewer on the ECO Reader. Since you are using Stanza, ePub may be simplest.

One issue with ePub is that there are no options on the device except font size and screen orientation. So if you want a Sans Serif font, or bold text, or left justification this needs to be in the ePub. I like all three, so I use the following extra.css (for Calibre, I don't know how to use this with Stanza):
Code:
body {
    font-family: sans-serif;
	font-weight: bold;
	text-align:  left;
}
The default is the Serif font, normal weight, and full justification.
I think that the main advantage to ePub is that one can go into the original files and make changes like the ones described above.

I would have thought though that text-align: justify; would be the way to go. I'm surprised to see that text-align: left; works to justify text.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote