View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 02:09 PM   #11
jtown
jtown began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Since the 300's screen is smaller than the 505, it's going to be worse for viewing PDF's on. (Especially PDF's that are either laid out in A4 or letter size.) I'm pretty sure that the 300 has the same reflow capability for viewing text based PDF's that the 505. Reflow works but can lead to funky page breaks. Works, but not recommended.

But if your choice is between the 300 and the 505, I'd definitely go with the 505 for viewing PDF's.

dordale
The 300 is the same resolution as the 505. 600x800 is 600x800 whether it's a 5" screen or a 6" screen. Just hold it slightly closer to your eyes. If you want to view A4/Letter size PDFs in full screen, you need a higher resolution display, not just larger.

FWIW, I wish Sony would combine the zoom modes in the last two versions of the firmware. The old version appeared to give "full screen" and "margins cropped" views in portrait mode. The new version gives "full screen", "reflow1", and "reflow2". I have a number of PDFs that look great in "margins cropped" mode and just as many that need the extra size bump of reflowing. I wish I could have both modes available at the same time. And, while I'm wishing, I want more pixels but without paying $490 or more.
jtown is offline   Reply With Quote