View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 05:53 PM   #38
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
The number for Australia as a whole is 5.5.

And the US has *extremely* affordable housing. Unless you live in California. My city, which is about the size of Perth, although with no ocean view, has a number of 2.4.

Here's a link to what they based their numbers on: http://www.demographia.com/dhi.pdf
Thanks for the link.

As I suspected they only calculated average home price by household income. They didn't include income taxes, property taxes, maintenance and hazard insurance.

There are only 14 areas in the US with affordable housing. Nothing is mentioned about housing for those with low wages. Nor Rents!

My town is 6.2.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote