View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 01:34 AM   #7
philx
philx can differentiate black from dark navy bluephilx can differentiate black from dark navy bluephilx can differentiate black from dark navy bluephilx can differentiate black from dark navy bluephilx can differentiate black from dark navy bluephilx can differentiate black from dark navy bluephilx can differentiate black from dark navy bluephilx can differentiate black from dark navy bluephilx can differentiate black from dark navy bluephilx can differentiate black from dark navy bluephilx can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Thanks, Phil

You're right of course; iBooks has come a long way since she published her book. She has a blog at www.pigsgourdsandwikis.com that may have more up to date information.
Hi Alex,

it's funny. I knew Liz' blog partially, but was not able to find further information for the page breaking difficulty. While thinking to myself the display:inline-block property came to my mind. I don't know where it came from, probably just heard it somewhen. So I gave it a try on google and got redirected to ... Liz Castro ... where I could find detailed information:

http://www.pigsgourdsandwikis.com/20...r-yes-you.html

It's not an elegant way in my opinion, because under bad circumstances 75 % of the viewer's page can be empty, but in the specific book it fits my requirements. Currently I prefer some additional space over numerous detached headlines and captions.

Maybe thats helpful for some other users, when they get angry about the page-break-inside property not working on specific viewers.

Many thanks to you and dgatwood for your help – crowned with success!

Bye,
Phil

Last edited by philx; 01-27-2013 at 08:34 AM.
philx is offline   Reply With Quote