View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 02:02 PM   #4
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
It's really not more of an ebook reader than a PDA or UMPC, not yet.
Ya, I'd agree with that assessment.

As a dedicated eBook reader, the OLPC isn't there. My OLPC was able to use my iLiad formatted PDFs without a problem. But the text editor doesn't support ODF and RTF files take forever to load.

Also, it's not really meant to read eBooks. So powering it off makes it forget where it was in the eBook.

To answer the original question: Nope, fbreader doesn't work yet, but I figure it won't take too long for them to port it over. But the intended audience of the OLPC really doesn't need fbreader. Building a simple xo package will make a nice eBook using just HTML.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote