View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 01:14 PM   #5
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Its the support for pageviews that makes DE slow. With an inherently reflowable base format like HTML, the viewer has to load the entire document and lay it out before being able to render the first page. I faced the same problem with writing my LRF viewer.
Yes, once loaded everything is fine. But when you resize the window or change the font size it gets really slow. On VERY long books, this can take dozens of seconds.

I still believe though that the software could be faster... It doesn't take that long to open a LRF file on your Sony the first time. DE is really slow compared to this.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote