View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 10:12 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
I have spent much of today trying to figure out the type of SD card the Sony, BeBook and the Hanlin readers use. I know there is a difference between SDHC and Micro SDHC so is one to assume if the specs for the readers only say SD it is the SDHC? Admittedly, my searching skills are fundamental but I've looked at the pertinent forums, reviews... found no answer.
There are SD cards, micro SD cards, and mini SD cards. These are physical changes in the size of the card. All eBook devices use SD cards physically but there are adapters for micro SD cards and min SD cards that allow them to be used in a SD card slot.

In addition there is the issue of SD vs. SDHC. This is a controller and software issue for the cards primarily. There is also an issue with SD card over 1 Gig which is a controller/driver issue.

SDHC is supported on the Sony 505, and the Amazon Kindle, and the new iRex Digital Reader for sure. These devices may not be able to format an SDHC card but can otherwise use one. For other devices it is not clear whether they can do SDHC or not. Generally the manufacturers have been less than forthcoming about SDHC so basically we depend on users to tell us if they work. The Cybook seems to be limited to standard SD cards.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote