View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 04:37 AM   #5
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
There are a lot of options to do a thing like this.

A mail client can be implement, but only to get pending ebooks via one trigger: on power on and manually. Once launched the program, it will get new emails for one account made only for that purpose, discard the message and save the book. Even can obtain destination path in message body.

A ftp/rsync client that will automatically take books present in a remote folder (for example our PC). You put your books to be sent in a PC/MAC folder, activate FTP server and then go to ebook reader and launch ftp, that will use one script to automatically take the ebooks and then close.

Use Cloud API (for example Dropbox one) to search for a custom folder in the cloud and download new ebooks present in that folder.

This can be combined with a "full sync" and have a folder in PC/Cloud that duplicate the internal/SD ebook disks and a program could be launched by demand to have it synced.

It is the same I have now between my iMAC and the i62 microSD. Y modify/add/remove ebooks in my local Mac folder. Once I want, I take microSD from i62, put into iMAC SD slot and then sync with FolderSynchronizer (The program I have). This way I avoid to connect i62 to MAC for seconds and avoid micro battery charges.

I think the best option is the special email program, that will act like Amazon stuff: Yo send an ebook to one personal email (maintained by Amazon) and on switching on from standby or manually sync you get your new ebooks wirelessly.

However, it remains a very important thing: the will to do it. And the neglect that exists in Linux systems, with all things half done and not finished. And before anyone asks why I do not do it, I will say that I am not a linux programmer and every time I face some program on that system I always ended disgusted by everything that is half done and the complexity artificially imposed to anything that smells of *nix.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote