View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #40
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by karunaji View Post
If no-DRM is a requirement then no need for ADE as well. Amazon could simply sell non-DRM mobi through their site. I don't think that format is important in this case as HP books have simple formatting. The real benefit could come from accepting DRM-less publishing.
Amazon cannot sell the books through their site. Pottermore is the only place that is going to sell the books.

The method of purchase is what Google Checkout provides. I think Amazon could provide something similar via Amazon Marketplace, but the sale at least seems like it needs to be initiated from Pottermore. Target used to be hooked up through Amazon, for example (add to cart on Target.com, checkout ultimately goes through Amazon).

In terms of format, I believe it is important, as it finally gets Amazon/Kindle on the ePUB bandwagon. For one thing, other books have more complex formatting and ePUB could produce better results. And for another, this brings us one step closer to breaking the device/bookstore lock in on the Kindle.

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote