View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 02:11 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Hello Dale,
Post any conversion that you want to. Did you manually converted the file ? Automatically ? Which output are you using ?

Thanks for the feedback,
I'll post an updated file soon.
I manually converted the file but it wasn't much effort. I have been exploring the need to support epub and in spite of what the technical releases and publications put out on epub ebook technologies does not directly support epub on any existing products. They probably will on some new version that they have in their labs but not on anything they have released.

Here is what I did to convert the file.
1. unzipped the container.
2. created my own opf file as ebook publisher 2.2.5 won't read an epub one.
3. renamed all the extensions from .xml to .odf (html would also have worked).
4. imported the documents and arranged them. It then compiled ok with some warnings.
5. corrected css files that import other files. My tools will not accept quotes around the imported filenames.

It compiled ok with a few known warnings on unsupported structures. ebook publisher is back in the dark ages for support of css.

I will need to build a toc to make it releasable by me but it looks good so far. I also need to correct some spacing problems on the title page but the data is ok.

My chapter titles do not have the box around them but otherwise my book looks similar to the one you produced. My paragraphs are not indented but I can fix this.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote