View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #66
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: in use kindle oasis 2nd and 3rd gen, kobo forma, boox poke5
Using Harmer John epub - converting epub to mobi,

the crashing problem arises from settings in structure detection, specifically "insert metadata at start of book."

Variations with it checked, never opened on the fire without crashing. Variations with it not checked, worked with no problem.

for those that like AZW3, checked or not resulted in the book opening with no problems.

Does this apply to all calibre created mobi files? Probably not, as I have several that have metadata inserted at the beginning and that work just fine on the fire. But, if I have problem with a file, I would try re-doing the conversion without insert metadata. I'd also try to avoid additional variables by removing the problem file from the device and deleting the mobi file from calibre. Then convert, and send the new mobi to the fire.

Hope this helps Sasssysweeet and others with problems.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen1.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	86676   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen2.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	86677   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen3.jpg
Views:	177