View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #12
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I'm thinking of buying Freedom, an internet-blocking program. I'm spending too much time online, time I could spend reading (or doing other stuff ). Maybe if I implement temporary internet bans I'll get more reading done?

Anyone using internet-blocking software? Do you find it helpful, or do you find yourself 'cheating' often? With Freedom, you have to reboot your computer to 'unblock' the internet. I hate to restart my computer so I'm hoping this is a strong enough deterrent to stick to the offline periods.
Sorry for not being helpful, just wanted to thank you for a good laugh.

That people pay for a program doing nothing more than disconnect a comp of the net made me laugh to tears.
In cases when that's necessary (rare - I do it on boxes I suspect being infested) I pull the cat5.

When having net access distracts you from reading; you don't want to read.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote