View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 04:28 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
Ah that makes sense you see no backup can restore a file if you go to the file and delete it!

But your backup data has the location of that file so it will back it up to your iPad. Eg if you delete it from your iPad then you stillhvae another copy, a 'backup' if you will. I u derstand that it's your primary copy but as far as theiPad is concerned the file stored on your pc IS the backup as you can restore your iPads deleted file from it.
I was assuming, you see, that an iPad backup was like a backup of my hard disk - that it actually made a physical copy of the data. From what you're saying, though, it doesn't. The backup simply says "your iPad contains a copy of file 'x' which is at such-and-such a location on disk", and then, when you restore it, it copies file 'x' from its original location on disk. Is that correct?

Thanks for the explanation - that makes more sense now.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote