View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #28
jbjb
Somewhat clueless
jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
I've managed a career in programming quite happily without any programming (or CS) courses whatsoever. Some people learn better by doing.
That's certainly true, and as I've said I hire inexperienced candidates based on aptitude rather than existing knowledge. My gripe isn't about such candidates, it's about CS courses which give the impression that programming isn't a fundamental part of what computers are about.

/JB
jbjb is offline   Reply With Quote