View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 04:46 PM   #1
Jack B Nimble
Groupie
Jack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enough

Device: Tapwave Zodiac, eBookwise 1150
Unhappy Bad screen at my local Borders

Even though I do not plan on buying a Reader until they add a few features/fixes (like proper mac support), I cannot help looking them over. So, I was doing just that at my local Borders over the weekend, and I noticed a problem. The screen had a line of dead pixels (is that the term on an eInk screen?) running from top to bottom, just off center. I thought it was just a bad image, as the Reader was displaying a greyscale baby picture at the time, but the same problem showed when I switched to the menu, and then to an ebook.

I mentioned the issue to one of the staff who was stocking the deluxe covers, and he commented that this was the second machine to develop such a problem, though in a different part of the screen -- the previous problem had been near the right edge, and only really showed up in picture displays.

I hadn't read anything like this, here, so I thought I would toss this out and ask if anyone had seen any screen problems, and if so, how well was Sony handling it?

Thanks!
Jack
Jack B Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote