View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #163
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Well, that's the first thing I change after installing Moon+ Reader: getting rid of those huge margins. I have a margin of 20 on all four sides -- could reduce it even further, but 20 is OK for me. There's nothing wrong with wide margins for users like Blossom who enjoy to see such margins. I hate them, so the first prerequisite for quality e-reader software, as I see it, is to allow me to get rid of those margins. In Moon+ Reader, it's a breeze. In Kindle and iBooks, getting rid of those margins conclusively, is impossible, which is (partly) why they are unusable e-readers for me.

By the way, "font size" doesn't really mean anything -- it's perfectly relative. A font size of 25 in font A may actually be smalller than a font size of 20 in font B. It's nice that Moon+ allows us to experiment freely, as if each of us were a professional typesetter, and allows us to save an unlimited amount of themes, employing various fonts and specific font sizes ideal for this or that particular font.
What I do with my fonts is actually edit them to fit perfectly for me. The font in the screenshots are Trebuchet with the weight set at 25/20. I have whole sets of each fonts each at a different weight of 5% up to 40/35. I fine Mantano renders font a bit thicker than they actually are while Moon+ renders them thinner then they actually are. Mantano has a problem with fonts size jumps which is actually worse than Kindle Sizes. So I had to make sets that are scaled down 5% smaller to look normal. I also have some sets enlarge by 10% to fit on eInk or phablets.

One thing about Moon+ is the RGB value you can use to set the color of the solid background but editing it a bit tough as the color wheel is way too small to set anything. so I came across this site and have downloaded many of their greys and cremes to use in Moon+

Solid Color Background Textures.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-08-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote