View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #121
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
I would very much like an option to change the way paragraphs are separated in kobobooks (kepubs). I hate the way each paragraph starts after an empty line. It's just ridiculous. I know, internet is full of paragraphs separated with that style, and that's fine, and I might even like it like that on my computer screen. But I've never ever ever ever seen a fiction pocket book with such a ridiculous space wasting layout. It's especially frustrating with authors that write very short paragraphs (eg. one line; one sentence), or when there's lots of dialogue that often starts a new paragraph each time a different character says something.

I know, you can remove these empty lines with calibre, but sometimes I like to be able to read a book straight away after buying from kobo without having to go through the hassle of downloading the DRM epub, converting it and sideloading it.
This doesn't have anything to do with Kobo. It is a style chosen* by whoever created the book in the first place. At the most, Kobo is running a supplied book, probably the epub version, through a conversion utility to add the kepub specific things. None of these changes would affect the styles used in the book or the layout. And when I compare the kepub and epub, they always have the same styles. But, I have seen one or two kepubs that did what you want.

* I am being polite here. While I state "chosen" I actually assume "forgot to set" or "didn't know they could set".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote